Just when I thought I have successfully avoided the meme plague on Facebook and other channels, here comes the Easter bunny surprise from Kas Thomas, who started the personal meme. Jon Marks was the first one to play (and to nudge me 🙂 ). Here it goes.
- I didn’t actually celebrate Easter this past weekend, as 1 – I am not religious and 2 – my Easter (Christian Orthodox) is in about 2 weeks. I am Russian, born and raised in the middle of nowhere in Siberia. I moved to U.S. (Atlanta, GA) in 2001 and miss the snow a lot.
- Since I cannot draw or paint for the life of me, I take photographs (poorly). My photog training began when I was 5 years old, and my grand uncle locked me in his dark room so I could learn all about the (stinky) chemicals and equipment.
- I have three degrees:
- BA in Linguistics (Germanic Languages) and Literatures
- MA in Linguistics (Germanic Languages) and Literatures
- MA in Journalism
- If you want to bore me to death, talk to me about sports. BTW, I do get bored quite easily.
- Is the numbering off in this list? Why I am only on item #5? 😉 (Not cheating, #4 counts for 2.)
- I wanted to become a diplomat when I was little (that was a phase after the professor and flight attendant periods). I am grateful that didn’t happen, as I would’ve failed miserably with my tendency to be no-BS-direct and straightforward. I fail miserably every now and then doing other things anyway.
- Circus is the last place I would ever want to go to. But I did some flying trapeze (recreationally).
- Good portion of my career includes radio and TV work. I had a blast working as a morning show radio host, but I hated waking up at 4 AM and getting ready to be on both TV and radio air.
- I really am not a morning person (people, please stop scheduling those conf calls for 7 am). It takes at least two cups of coffee for my brain to start semi-functioning.
- Love for art and music (professional hazard, see #8) is located right next to my love for the sound of revving engines.
The unquenchable thirst for knowledge, what can I say…